I am ...

In a way... in many aspects... inbetween trains, inbetween stations.

I tweeted...

I bookmarked...

28 Apr 2011

Caltex: This is not how people should be served! Sis on you!

Main Complaint:
Stopped at Caltex on the R101 in Randjiesforntein, Midrand on 28 Apr 2011 @ 1930.

Numerous things indicative of bad attitude and horrible service happened:
  • When I asked Silas if the avos were ripe he responded with: 'errrr... aaah'.
  • He talked on his phone while ignoring us and not serving us. When I asked if he is going to have a conversation on the phone or serve us he pointed to his phone.
  • When I asked who he is talking to on the phone he said 'A friend' and then continued to ignore us.
  • I had to repeat every request twice.
  • He rung up a 1 kg Whiskas cat food as a R59 bag of 1.75 kg dog food
  • I had to ask for a receipt to get one.
  • When I showed the wrongly rung up item he looked at me blankly, until I asked that I be refunded on my card. He then proceeded to refund me in cash. The then proceeded to help other customers, ignoring me while I was still trying to buy the cat food.
  • He was reluctant to give me the manager's number and started losing his temper with me and we had some unfriendly words.
  • There are no owner or management contact details anywhere in the store.
Pathetic. I spent R 120 at your store (R170 - refund) so that I could be insulted, ignored and given attitude?

Caltex can be sure that I'll re-tell and publish this experience everywhere within my means:


Update: 03 May 2011

Caltex has contact me via Facebook and Twitter and asked for my contact details. These have been supplied to them. To date (and in fairness we have had a lot of public holidays) no contact, except on hellopeter.com. Unfortunately the response on hellopeter.com was exactly what I predicted it would be:

Hello ***,

Thank you for your email. Your complaint has been forwarded to the necessary business consultant for investigation. Once feedback has been received, you will be contacted.

Kind regards
*** *******
Chevron S.

*sigh* - I am NOT holding my breath that the hellopeter.com route is going to bear any fruit, sadly :(


Update: 05 May 2011
- complaint resolved
Caltex has sent me an email with a resolution to the complaint. You can read about it here.

I see the matter as resolved now, thanks Caltex SA

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Timon,

    Thank you for the blog post and for the feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience of your experience. I have forwarded your concerns onto our internal team who will get in touch with you once we have your contact details.

    Please can you respond to our engagement on our Twitter profile as we have asked for your contact details to attempt to engage further? Thank you.

    Regards,
    The Caltex White Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caltex White Rabbit, I have DMed you my contact details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Michael/Timon,

    Thank you for posting the follow up. We're really happy that you are satisfied with the resolution we have provided.

    Take care and have a fantastic weekend!

    Regards,
    The Caltex White Rabbit

    ReplyDelete