I am ...

In a way... in many aspects... inbetween trains, inbetween stations.

I tweeted...

I bookmarked...

14 Mar 2011

Western Riding Lesson 3

Yup ... I am still sticking to it and learning so much while having a great time too.

On 12 March 2011 I had my 3rd Western Riding lesson at Glen Austin Stables. You can read about the previous lessons here:
http://timonmeerkat.blogspot.com/search/label/western

This time I pitched early, on purpose, to that I could fetch my lesson pony (Billy B) myself and do all the preparation and groundwork myself before the lesson started. Billy was a star and I quite capably managed the warm-up and groundwork myself.

David and I had a group lesson with Debbie Griffiths in the lunge arena. We concentrated on the correct aids for turning - much more so on using our legs than on using the reins. Can you say dead legs? We also practiced our seat, in-saddle balance, keeping that back straight and those shoulders open. Practice makes perfect? Debbie was happy that I did much better and that I am making progress. She'll make a cowboy ot of me yet!

We also jogged a bit more which I really enjoyed in the lunge as there is far less risk of just being run away with. Not that I believe Billy would run away with me - he is a sweetheart and a bit lazy to boot. He gets a bit ADD towards the end of the lessons.

Thanks Debbie. Thanks David. Great lesson!

1 comment:

  1. That comment was from Tanya btw - my phone wants me to be anon :p

    ReplyDelete